Friday, January 15, 2010

Skillet Enchiladas

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 oz.)can enchilada sauce
1/3 c. milk
8 flour tortillas or 10 corn tortillas
1 1/2 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 c. chopped, ripe olives (opt.)


In a large skillet cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, and milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of mixture over the enchiladas. Cover and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted.

--Rachel Fuhriman

4 comments:

  1. I've never made enchilads in my skilet before! That sounds great! I have a 5qt skillet, too. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make this same recipe at my house all the time, but never tried it with the flour tortillas until last night. They were good. Just FYI, we've tested many different brands of enchilada sauce and the La Victoria is by far our favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup (don't ask me how that happened) so I used a couple of blobs of sour cream instead, and it worked just fine.

    Thanks for the recipe Rachel! We love enchiladas, and these are a fast easy way to make them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another comment from me.... this is one of our new favorite dinners... last night I made it with chicken, and it was really good! We used canned chicken because we were in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete